What Is The Smart Film
Smart film, also called PDLC Switchable film, is a product that is capable of adjusting light transmission between transparent and opaque using AC power. Due to moisture sensitivity, earlier versions of the film were used only to make smart glass by lamination on glass. With continual improvement in moisture resistance, the new (3rd) generation of the film can be directly installed on existing windows with special glue or self-adhesive. It combines many functions, such as light adjustment, UV and infrared blocking, advertising and security.
河北11选5开奖结果Most of the film applications are via glass, acrylic or polycarbonate laminates. Haozhi Company continue to attempt various installation methods in order to use the film by itself without having to add the lamination cost.
One of the advantages of smart film is that it eliminates the need for blinds, shades or window treatments.
河北11选5开奖结果1. Without power the liquid crystal molecules (micro droplets) are disordered. This prevents light from penetrating the film, rendering it opaque.
2. When power is applied to the smart film the liquid crystal molecules are forced into alignment, rendering it transparent.
Examples of Use
In the office
· Applied to the glass enclosure of a conference room. When the glass is transparent, one can see into or out of the room, and when it is non-transparent it can be used as a projection screen.
· Energy-saving function of glass curtain wall
Indoor decoration of up-scale residence
· Lighting cover glass curtain, sunshine house, living room and bathroom compartment。 The glass is in a cloudy state when out of use, which protects privacy, and when it turns to transparent, one may fully bathed in sunshine。
Product display and commercial advertisement
· Glass display window, protect the products when it is non-transparent, and may used for projection to introduce products; when it is transparent, it may be used for store advertising.
Use for special occasions
· The glass door of a rest room is transparent when not in use, and immediately turns to a cloudy state when the door is closed.
河北11选5开奖结果· Glass floor and stairs on the second floor appear cloudy when walked upon, otherwise they are transparent.
· Privacy uses in hospitals, e。g。, windows of infants' room and intensive care units, replacing curtains, to reduce dust and noise。
· Applied to dust-free rooms and cleaning rooms, smart films may be used to switch between transparent and non-transparent, and can reduce inconvenience for customers having to wear dust-free clothes passing in and out of the room.